Monday, July 15, 2013

Temples, Cemeteries, and the D.I.

Mom, Mindy, Katie and I took a girls trip to Utah last weekend to go to the Hulse reunion! I took a lot of picture so prepare yourself. Although none of the pictures are from the ACTUAL reunion, we had a lot of fun (well I did at least!)

Our first stop was in Logan. I haven't been to see Grandma Swany in a very long time, in fact, I had almost forgotten what her house looked like!

 We visited Grandpa :)



 These lovely pieces of art belong to my father. You better cross your fingers they are passed to you someday!!

 The toy room!
 Cortez!! (Also a belonging of my father!)
Mindy and I had a fierce game of Phase Ten in the car. Don't believe her when she says she won!
 
While driving I mentioned to mom that someday I would like to own "The Work and The Glory" series. Mindy suggest that we could probably find them at the D.I.'s in Utah. So we started our trek, first in Logan..
 
We then moved on to Brigham City, first to see the new temple. Don't worry, we stopped at the D.I. there too.
 
 
From there we spent the day at the Salt Lake City Cemetery, I've always wanted to go and find all of the Prophets that are buried there. And we did!!! The sprinklers made it a hard hard task! So here they are! (I put them in order for the sake of my OCD)
 
Joseph Smith Jr.- Not located in SLC. Burried in Nauvoo, Illinois
 
Brigham Young: In a private cemetery in Downtown SLC

 
 
 John Taylor (came third we know!)
 
then Wilford Woodruff

 
Lorenzo Snow (Located in Brigham City, we actually had to stop there on the way home because we didn't seem to think of it when we were there!)


 
Joseph F. Smith (remember the F!)
 
Heber J. Grant
 
 
and George Albert Smith
 


 
 David O. McKay

 
was followed by Joseph Fielding Smith
 
Then Harold B. Lee

 
Spencer W. Kimball
 
Ezra Taft Benson (Buried in Whitney, Idaho!)
 
Howard W. Hunter
 
Gordon B. Hinckley

 
 
Here are some other notables we found in the cemetery!
 
A monument to Hyrum Smith




 
Porter Rockwell
Orson Pratt

 Eliza R. Snow (buried in the same cemetery as Brigham Young)
 
Bruce R. McConkie
 
James E. Talmage

 
After our adventure in the cemetery we took a cool break from the sun in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building

 
We then proceeded to the South Salt Lake and the Murray D.I.
 
The next day we took a stop at the Bountiful D.I. and made our way to the reunion. I had a special friend stop by when we were there...
My roommate Stacey stopped by and I got to see her baby belly! :)
 
After, we made some stops in Bountiful..
 

 
It was a short trip but we had a lot of fun on the way home we made ONE last stop..
Golden Spike Memorial! (More like, piece of wood in the middle of nowhere!)
Looking West
 Looking East
 Where the tracks met!
 The Tracks meet where the flag pole is..

 The Monument!
 
 
Saw one last temple on the way home..
 
After a long time in the car (and finishing my book "Undaunted") we made it home...
and well...


 
I got them ALL! :) (and some extras!)
 
It was a fun trip ladies! :) Let's do it again sometime!! :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun and saw a lot! Right before you went I was in Nauvoo seeing Joseph Sr., Joseph Jr, Emma, Hyrum, and Lucy Mack. Crazy that between the two of us how many graves we saw last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I didn't know that you've been blogging again! Looks like you guys had fun, wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete